Business Licensing Procedures
- PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR A NEW LICENCE AND RENEWAL
Applicant can visit Town Clerk’s Office, Mahombekombe or Nyamhunga Housing Offices and complete an application form and then pay an application fee which is 5% of annual licence fee.
Alternatively, the form can also be downloaded from our www.karibamun.org.zw website.
The applicant will be given a list of requirements and procedures which may include the following;
- A lease agreement if you are not the property owner
- Application form from the Council SL.2 form
- ZIMRA tax clearance
After this, the applicant will then
- Submit the application
- Relevant staff will carry out health and safety inspection (bins, fire extinguisher, structural defects, ablution facilities etc)
- Subsequently, payment of total licence fees before issuance of a licence
(Relevant class licence fees are as per the yearly budget or applicants can consult revenue officers)
2. PROCEDURE FOR RENEWAL OF BUSINESS LICENCES
Business Operators are supposed to visit the Council revenue offices with old licence copies before the 31st of December each year. The operators will then be issued a new licence upon payment of the required fees.
NB: If all requirements are in place, the applicant can be issued a license within 7 working days.